- 11-Jan-2013 to 04-Feb-2013 (CST)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
This is an exciting time at Soft Surroundings! We have been selling bedding, furniture and home décor within our apparel catalog, internet site and retail stores, but have just published our first "Soft Surroundings Retreat," a catalog to showcase our bedding, furniture and home décor catalog. We plan to become a major player in this category, and have an opening for an experienced Technical Designer – Bedding in our St. Louis headquarters office. Relocation reimbursement is included.
This Designer will ensure that our bedding, sheets, towels and decorative pillows are well-received by our customers, resulting in a minimum of merchandise returns and maximum customer satisfaction. This position works closely with Merchandising to develop products, and is responsible for lowering the overall return rate by developing and maintaining consistent size specifications, comparing representative samples of each product to those specifications, and documenting the results.
• Create private label specification per style and work with appropriate merchandiser on developing products for the line.
• Sketch styles in computer in Illustrator and attach to specification package for communication with vendors and buyers.
• Measure and fit during product development, fit approvals, quality assurance, customer service and top of production samples on bed, window or pillow forms as needed.
• Work with outside vendors to test fabrics.
• Review high-returning items and recommend improvements for repeating styles or builds.
• Assist in the handling of factory production problems.
• Analyze merchandise return statistics to activate improvements to return rate, especially on repeat merchandise and builds.
• Supervise Assistant Tech Designer.
• A minimum of 5 years of home goods design experience, including bedding, sheets, towels and pillows. Hard goods/furniture design would be a plus, but is not required.
• Knowledge of Illustrator is required.
• Experience with technical spec packages for all elements of bedding is required.
• Exposure to fabric testing is required.
• Familiarity with packaging is a plus.
• Bachelors degree in textiles or a related field is desired.
• Full benefits
• Competitive Pay
• Employee Discount
• 401(K) with company match
• Great working environment
• Opportunity to work with a successful and growing company
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!