- 04-Jan-2017 to 05-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Planning & Allocation
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential
Role Overview: The Merchandise Planner contributes to the success of the organization by forging a strong partnership with a merchant and by optimizing inventory across all business channels to drive a profitable business. The Merchandise Planner will develop and manage sales, inventory and margin plans for assigned categories across all business channels (internet, catalog and stores). The Merchandise Planner serves as the business manager for his/her assigned categories.
- Develop, maintain and execute preseason plans and in season open to buy.
- Partner with buying team to develop preseason plans for sales, inventory, gross margin.
- Drive development of assortment plan targets for style and choice counts, size ratios, and other merchandise attributes.
- Consistently monitor sales and inventory in season, and take action when required.
- Partner with buying team, procurement and allocation to execute business initiatives. Meet on consistent basis to review results, opportunities and concerns.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with cross functional organizational partners.
- Manage inventory effectively and profitably with strong preseason buy plans, in season best seller reorders, and effective promotion/markdown tactics.
- Manage inventory position across channels to assure optimum mix. Emphasis on maximizing sales and gross margin by maintaining effective stock position, reduction of overstock/understock in stores and in catalog, and minimize backorders.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a retail buying office as a Planner or Control Buyer required; catalog experience a plus.
- Detail oriented and organized; strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize; excellent communication, problem solving, negotiation and analytical skills; highly collaborative.
- Forecast21 experience highly desirable
- JDA experience highly desirable
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.