- 22-Feb-2017 to 23-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Planning & Allocation
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
Soft Surroundings is seeking an Allocation Manager at our corporate headquarters in St. Louis, MO. The Manager of Allocation will manage the Allocation team to develop and execute inventory management strategies. This integral role is responsible for identifying opportunities and risks, and for making recommendations to ensure we are maximizing profit. We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
- Lead development, execution, communication and measurement of merchandising and inventory initiatives that support the company's financial, margin and customer experience objectives.
- Manage and develop a team of allocation analysts responsible for inventory management. Continually train and develop Allocators to increase allocation and analytical skills.
- Oversee the use of the Allocation tool and ensure use of standardized best practices when performing allocations. Set, develop and influence Allocation Best Practices.
- Establish and lead best practices within team and in tandem with cross functional partners.
- Recommend inventory models that support in-stocks on core merchandise, as well as minimum and maximum buys based on needs by store volume grade while balancing margin implications.
- Set and monitor productivity standards and service level performance of the department.
- Monitor allocation effectiveness by reviewing store reports.
- Surface business opportunities to increase sales and inventory productivity in collaboration with Planners and Merchants.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders including merchandising, planning, store operations, warehouse operations, HR and technology to drive company strategy and financial targets.
- Visit store locations to validate inventory is in line with reports and understand improvement opportunities for allocation.
- Build relationship with field teams. Evaluate store feedback and incorporate meaningful feedback into effective buying and allocation processes.
- Oversee the production of reports and analytics to support the business; identifying risks and recommending strategies to achieve financial goals. Supports ad hoc reporting needs to drive or react to current of future business conditions.
- Lead team in building new store plans, executing allocation strategies then analyzing and reacting once open.
- Evaluate talent and build a world class allocation team through effective hiring and training practices.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and functional support of additional projects, processes and systems designed to build the retail capabilities of the brands.
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with robust trend and pattern recognition abilities.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong leader
- Flexibility to shift focus/priorities at a moment's notice.
- 5+ years of experience in allocation and replenishment plus multiple years in a functional lead role.
- Experience with JDA Allocation a plus.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced, specialty retail environment