- 22-Feb-2017 to 23-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Planning & Allocation
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
Soft Surroundings, at the Corporate office in Creve Coeur, MO is seeking an Allocator. The Allocator is responsible for driving and maximizing sales and margin through effective allocation of merchandise to retail stores. This position is responsible for managing store and Distribution Center inventories, achieving proper flow of receipts into the stores. The position partners with Planning, Merchandising, and Stores to ensure that in-stock, inventory productivity and assortment business goals are met. We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
- Execute the allocation and replenishment strategy from monthly assortment review meetings which will effectively maximize the ability of each store to generate sales and margin.
- Analyze sales trend to ensure that allocation of receipts results in maximum performance by store.
- Ensure that stores are kept in stock with respect to their ability to sell merchandise.
- Develop monthly assortment files and allocation strategies.
- Review weekly selling to manage weekly flow of merchandise from the Distribution Center to stores.
- Perform pre-season, in season and post season analysis to identify trends and opportunities to maximize sales and margin for stores.
- Develop a working knowledge of "store attributes" to help guide and influence Planners and Merchants to ensure that future assortment is correct for all "store attributes."
- Develop a working knowledge of the concept of average per store (APS), store indices and weeks of supply and apply them to the allocation and replenishment of merchandise, monitoring of the business at the store level and influencing the merchant and planner on assortment decisions.
- Develop, foster and maintain open line of communication with stores and with store management to meet individual store inventory needs to that they can maximize customer service, sales and margin.
- Manage replenishment within the parameters of the company's target inventory productivity metrics.
- Conduct periodic reviews with their Planner for the following to ensure that buy quantities and stock levels meet current sales trends: store rankings and indices; basic stock replenishment items; existing quantities and models by store; and size selling and sizing by store.
- Report actuals for major programs and Key Items to determine sales goals, to ensure adequate stock to meet fixture fills and goals, to maintain a healthy weeks of supply during the full-life price of the merchandise, and to effectively monitor these elements to project future stock needs or to recommend clearance strategies.
- Partner with their Planner on the Monthly Business Review process with the development of sales, margin, receipt and inventory forecasts, reporting unit performance and sales versus stock levels by store, and receipt issues during the MBR meetings.
- Travel to local stores on a regular basis to observe their allocation work and the performance of their merchandise; to review markdown racks for future decisions on allocation of merchandise; to gain an understanding of the customer base, store layouts, fixturing and fixture quantities and back stock space; and to foster a strong working relationship with the store team.
- In partnership with Planning: actively participate in the Product Valuing Meetings, generating necessary ad hoc analyses to support and protect store sales growth; execute departmental volume rankings by department, product category and by item to support the product valuing process; establish monthly store sales goals for product selling initiatives; set up and report on product tests, petite penetrations, and store sales versus inventory positions for the Monthly Business Review.
- Execute detailed store plans and allocations for stores, execute cross-referenced departmental volume rankings by department, product category and by item in support of the product valuing process to ensure that level buys of coordinating product is allocated to the same stores.
- Responsible for specific global reports to support the business and complete any ad hoc reporting as needed to drive or react to current business trends.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical/financial skills
- Excel skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- 1 to 2+ years of retail allocation /planning/forecasting is preferred. Retail store experience is helpful