- 23-Feb-2017 to 24-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Accounts Payable
- Creve Coeur, MO, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits, 401(K) with company match, Profit Sharing, Generous Employee Discount
Soft Surroundings is searching for an Accounts Payable Representative for our St. Louis headquarters. We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
- Verify merchandise invoice validity by comparing invoice with system purchase order and all receiving documentation.
- Enter invoices for payment. Deduct trade discounts, price variations, ad allowances, and other adjustments at invoice entry.
- Run accounts payable audit reports for review prior to payment process; enter payables daily; verify accuracy of payee information; update as needed.
- Update direct ship credits to Accounts Payable.
- Run weekly inventory, credit, debit payable status reports.
- Ensure that duplicate payments are not issued.
- Submit audit reports, invoices, debits, credits and charge backs to cash management accountant for vendors paid by wire transfer.
- Effectively communicate and resolve all payment discrepancies/problems to ensure minimal delays and maximum efficiency in processing accounts payable.
- Ensure that each payment being made has proper approval and support documentation.
- Take and adjust accounts payable accordingly for all discount/debit memo tracking-related deductions. Also make all necessary updates to the discount/debit memo tracking system.
- Update pay code and payment information for AP records paid by wire transfer.
- Record Accounts Payable payments in AP checkbook.
- Compose and send remittance to vendors paid by wire transfer.
- Assign account numbers to all non-merchandise and freight payments accurately.
- Accurately and timely enter all credit memos and charge backs into the system.
- Print accounts payable checks and the check register weekly.
- Effectively communicate with all departments to ensure that all invoices are paid according to the terms set up by the original purchaser.
- Ensure the notation of "1099" status in the account set-up of all non-merchandise and freight vendors.
- Examine the account numbers of all invoices for general ledger accuracy.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all security-sensitive data.
- Investigate all vendor statements and inquiries for accuracy and pursue reconciliation of disputes with the vendor.
- Respond to vendor inquiries within 24 hours.
- Maintain accurate and organized filing system for vouchers paid and unpaid.
- Enter charge backs for prepaid merchandise not received.
- Retrieve payment backup for auditor requests.
- Match merchandise open prepays to receivers for closed purchase orders and close those receivers and prepays monthly.
- Audit merchandise open receipts monthly and close open receipts 60+ days old for closed purchase orders not invoiced.
- High school degree
- Understanding of computers and computer software.
- Requires problem solving and formulation skills, math and calculation, reading, reasoning and analysis
- One to three years + of Accounts payable experience