- 03-Mar-2017 to 02-May-2017 (CST)
- Creve Coeur, MO, USA
- Full Time
We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
Soft Surroundings is seeking a talented Web Systems Administrator specializing in LAMP stack and AWS to join a growing company. As a member of the Operations team, you will be joining a high-powered collaborative team responsible for delivery of infrastructure in support of applications used by the company. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the eCommerce web sites and supporting systems.
- Work on growing AWS infrastructure with a focus on Linux implementations.
- Establish best practices for standardized and automated deployment of Linux based instances in context with security, backup, redundancy, and performance.
- Measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation, monitoring, performance tuning, and elastic scaling.
- Work with network security team to ensure best practices for data and network security and ensure PCI compliance.
- Ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the Linux/AWS platform.
- Document system implementations, upgrades and patching strategy.
- Perform problem analysis and resolution tasks as part of an on-call support rotation.
- Provide 2nd level help desk support for tickets related to web sites and infrastructure.
- Interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support.
- Participate in disaster recovery strategy, design, implementation and exercises.
- Associates Degree in Computer related field or relevant work experience with understanding of computer hardware, software and networking. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of previous IT experience, required 1+ years(s) experience with AWS preferred.
- Experience in catalog, retail, direct marketing, or distribution environment preferred.
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and within a team structure.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Customer Service oriented with attention to detail.
- Experience with LAMP Stack technologies.
- Prefer experience with eCommerce web site.
- Able to work well with departments throughout the company.